Wednesday, July 21, 2010

House purchase pending soon and realizations

Wow, again its been awhile but life gets crazy… right? Anyways, what the heck have I been doing? Well we’ve been working on trying to finalize everything for our house purchase. There’s a lot of back and forth with this type of stuff. We’re set to close on the 29th, somehow Liz and I had the incorrect date in our heads but I think that is because we wanted to close earlier, guess it didn’t work out. So that’s been keeping me busy in addition to packing everything I needed to. We actually packed the kitchen up 2 weeks ago. I’m so thankful to my sister as she’s been such a big help and keeps me focused. I hate packing so I’ll often try and do something else. In addition to that we’ve just been going non-stop, started dress alterations, trying to get everyone’s addresses, the list goes on... I did have an interesting realization last night however. Oddly, so I was on the metro train on the way home and sat next to this man. We were just chatting; you know I would probably talk to anyone. So we first were chatting about the Cardinals as I was on the train on the way home from yet another wonderful win! 7 game winning streak, awesome!!! It was a hot game to be at last night and he asked if I had an ice cold one from Bush and I replied no because I’m a bit of a diet and trying to keep trim. The man looked at me and said honey you’re not fat. After I said that I though, how crazy that sounds. I didn’t have one beer last night because I’m trying to lose weight and look skinny. I guess its just weird how things can affect you. Of course I’m not fat, however after going of the South Beach for awhile I did gain it pretty much back, I’m still 6 lbs down. Part of that is also that I haven’t been able exercise like I’ve been wanting to. I know that life gets in the way but that was a wakeup call to me to get back on track but also that its ok to drink a beer at the game, its not going to make me fat. Where did I get that in my deformed brain?

Well since we disconnected our internet my posts will again be spotty. I am going to Chicago this weekend for the Cards Cubs series and can’t wait! It will be my first adventure at Wrigley.

No comments:

Post a Comment