Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The engagement

So I realize this is somewhat backwards but I feel I have to catch up since I didn't start this prior to our engagement. So back in October Tim had arranged to take me to Lake Tahoe. We stayed in a great little condo up in the mountains. It was quite wild because all the hills and roads are very windy there to get to the Lake. I actually asked Tim to drive most of the way because of this fact. Anyways, my darling had made special plans way ahead of time to take me on a suprise sunrise hot air balloon ride over the lake the morning after we got there, however due to poor weather conditions we were unable to do this our entire trip and thus he had to improvise. Instead, we drove around the lake that Sunday, its about 70 miles around with many places to stop off at for scenic pictures and just amazing views. It can take an entire day if you'll let it. When approached at hiking area down to Emerald Bay which is featured in quite a few of the pictures, Tim and I decided to hike down to the beach area. It was a beautiful day outside and well we could use the walking. When we got down to the beach, we were walking around just exploring. I decided it would be fun to write <3 Js in the sand. After I wrote this in the sand, I turned around only to find Tim on his knee with a ring in a box, and he asked me to marry him. Wow, it all happens so fast. Of course I said yes!

Tahoe in the fall is beautiful, this just sweetened the pot! Every since than I've been doing a little planning here and there... I'm planning on posting my pics from the trip as well.


1 comment: