So life has been crazy busy lately... however Tim and I talked through a few things today and offically have check some things off this list. One of these being our music/DJ. Upon careful decision, many phone calls, and emails back and forth we've decided to go w/ Complete Music. They seem to be the cheapest (quite persistent, they called multiple times) but over all a pretty good deal. I was highly considering the DJ vs the ipod however opted for the DJ. The main reason being that I wanted to have an emcee and just not have to worry so much about the music. My amazing brother wanted to handle everything but I wanted to ensure that he would be able to enjoy his time at the reception. So woo hoo, check that off the list!
Also decided this week is pretty much the florist. I will be going with St. Louis Blooms. My uncle is a friend of the florist and in speaking with her over the phone, she knows my family very well. She knew and loved my mother and will make sure we make a special memorial for her. So with that being said, I was done. Book 'em Dano! I am still awaiting my bid from her but I'm sure it will be the best. Check that off the list too!
So overall I feel incredibly accomplished! All of these items coming in or a little below budget. HECK YEAH! There are still a few items that I'm working which include our cake, limo, and more work on the registry... things are going good.
I think that the last couple weeks have not only been stressful at work but also at home. My sisters restaurant opening, while exciting I missed her a lot... I know she worked her butt off! Anyways, when it comes to weddings you end up making so many decisions. Its tough because a part you is worried that you might miss out on a good deal if you book to late, or that place/person/vendor/venue, etc. will be unavailable, but than there is another piece of you pushing you to look further find a better deal. I end up feeling incredibly torn about somethings. On these items Tim and I have discussed them thoroughly and have left a majority of that to his judgment call. So many of these other wedding blogs I read mention how nothing ever truly goes as planned in addition to that a lot of the details you focus on people hardly remember. Truly that day you should just try to enjoy yourself. So I'm trying to keep that as my focus and not let the little things bother me. It just feels wonderful to check stuff off the list. I also think once all the big stuff is done, the small things will fall into place. (let's hope so!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment