Ok folks, as all brides of course I would love to look fab the big day. In my recent trips to the doc I mentioned something to him about how I had been working out 3-4 days per week and seeing no results. He looked and me and said "you may not want to hear this but to see any significant loss you will have to kick it up to working out 5 times a week, plus I would suggest a South Beach type diet"... So this is day 2 of my South Beach diet. Please understand I am actually truly anti-dieting all together however was frustrated enough to try the docs advice. So I'm currently eating lean proteins with some low fat cheeses and nuts, can have some salad but I'm not able to eat any bread or fruit. Luckily sugar free fudgesicles and jello are allowed for some sweetness. I have read a portion of the book and there are some wonderful recipes in there. We will see how this goes. I really wish I had more time to go through the book and actually pick out some recipes to prep. I find this is my biggest struggle daily. Having the food prepped for lunch at work. I'll tell you lately things have been a crazy mad house! I actually feel like I'm a hamster on one of those wheels just running around but getting no where.
This is really the first diet I've ever actually been on. I do find myself snacking a little less but part of that is possibly me being conscious of this. The nice thing about South Beach is that at least I can have some snacks, I don't feel like I'm starving (except tonight because I just had a snack and no true dinner, too tired!), and unlike Adkins they do focus on the leaner meats, etc. I'll keep you posted on my progress!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GOOD LUCK!!!! Ive found that when I eat more protein, I have the urge to snack less. Don't forget about edamame. no or no fat greek yogurt is also great! I use it instead of sour cream.
ReplyDeleteAlso, think about doing a strength training class. I don't know if the heights offers it, but the Les Mills body pump class is great. I know they have it at the club fitness in creve cour. Building muscle is key!
xo