Saturday, January 16, 2010

259 to go and counting

Wow, busy week! We had the Alive Magazine Show this past Thursday which was pretty fun, can't be bad w/ free booze n apps! Only bummer was that Laura or I didn't win the 5k prize :(

I think I may have mentioned this previously but let me back up for a second... My friend Laura who is in the bridal party is also getting married this fall, 3 week before I am, 9/18/10. Its quite fun because her and I can share of a lot of this together!!

Anyways, back to the show. From all the emails from Alive and promotion that it had it was a fairly small show which I was surprised by, however should mention the space while amazingly beautiful (Lumen) is small and wouldn't have been able to fit too many vendors anyways. I know Laura found some invite inspiration which was great. We stayed until the end as they had the 5k prize pack raffle at the end and watched the bridal fashion show. I had never seen a bridal fashion show but would like to say that the models showing off the dresses, only one of them was working the dresses. She was amazing and I couldn't wait to see her walk out, I even went so far as to say she could totally wear a paperbag and I would've bought it. LOL I have plans for 2 more bridal shows. One is high tea at the Coronado w/ just Laura and I. I anticipate that one being pretty swanky and fun despite their rude emails when we inquired about their venue. I did want to say one neat thing about Lumen is they have led lights all around their windows and will light them up to match your colors for your event, which is pretty cool.

Soon I'll be checking out invites w/ my sweeite. Lots going on and its hard to believe this will be happening in less than 9 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment