So anyways Liz and I went to our first bridal show today hosted by St. Louis Best Bridal Magazine. I can that it was kinda fun but also a little overwhelming. From DJ's and photographers to bakeries and formal wear, they had lots of options. Prior to going to the show, I checked out the website and they had a few suggestions for going to bridal shows which are:
- bring address labels printed w/ your info on it... this helps save time from writing it all out at each vendor (I think this would've been helpful)
- if you already have your venue, etc don't bother wasting time checking out other places, unless say you are looking for rehearsal dinner or shower places
- bring a notebook and pen to take notes for any ideas/places you really liked, lots of people will be talking to you, if you jot notes down this can be helpful for who to contact in the future** I brought a notebook and didn't have time, but my sis is a great at asking questions, also have a bag you can put flyers, etc into!
- avoid the special show price, why wouldn't they be able to give you that any day?
- dress comfortably, you'll be walking around
- enjoy it!
There are a ton of people trying to sell you stuff... I could've had at least 4-5 different cakes/cupcakes to taste. (Proudly I only tried 2!) Also they all want you to sign up for their "raffle," while I know that these can be beneficial (my friend Jasmine won her honeymoon this way, which was awesome!) I'm curious as to how many people will contact me further?? I'll get annoyed if I start getting a bunch of random calls... The bummer is for me, that the only number I have is my cell phone and at the end as a home phone I started to put my Dad's number down. If I really want to contact someone, I'm the kind of person that will contact them, I suppose that's just me. Overall though, I think it was pretty fun and I did collect some information that I needed. A few more to go this month. So I suppose I'll be able to compare them.
I'll sign off today w/a pic from a photobooth my sister and I tried...

No comments:
Post a Comment