Today was bridal show #3 at Windows Off Washington, and wow it was a cool space. I will say I investigated their prices and well they were a bit out of my range, but it was fun to go around and check out the venue. Anyways for our discounted $5 fee we got in w/ a lovely glass of champagne upon arrival and essentially open bar (beer/wine) throughout the event. Interesting enough today it was 3 brides, my friend Laura, Heather and I. Not to shabby if I do say so myself. There were quite a few vendors there, many I had seen before and a few new ones. I will scan in the super cute photo booth pic that we got done by Laughing Penguin... the neat thing they do w/ their "photo booth" is that its actually set up like a photo shoot w/ a background and actual photographer to take pics during the reception. While of course I loved the idea, the $995 price tag was a lil too much. I did like how they had an actual photographer though to get good shots. I'm sure they'll get some takers!
My main concern at the show, however was searching for a potential DJ as well as florist/flower people. Got a few good leads, so we shall see how this all comes along.
I've learned you really don't know what to expect of the show until you get there. They never post the vendors prior to going. I'm sure this is a way to lure people, however its quite frustrating. 2 more shows to go... next weekend is high tea at the cornado w/ just Laura and I. I believe this show should be pretty swanky and fun.
In the planning world I feel I've learned a lot but also have so much more to learn as well... Laura and I were discussing how we felt we needed an etiquette book in order to review important customs and things that are must, etc. I may check the library for such a book :) ta ta for now!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment