First of all, I'd like to congratulate my friend Lia and Wes who got engaged on New Years! I'm so excited for you both! In addition to that, Matt Schdmidt and his lady as well!!
So like most brides, (and women in general, in addition to the new year resoluations, etc...) I am making an attempt at losing weight and keeping fit. Not only do I want to look fabulous on the big day, there is the possibility of going to Hawaii in May for my job (trying to keep that on the DL a lil bit the ladies at work might get upset), for which of course I'd like to look nice in a swimsuit. Compouding this, having my Masters in Public Health, I would like to be healthy and fit as to set a good example. I know it might sound lame but I feel a calling to set an example for others that you can fit that time into a busy lifestyle.... So I've been trying to figure out what to do about a gym. I can go to the Wash U gym, which isn't too far away, however it's kinda crappy and I'm the kind of person that enjoys taking classes and doing more of a structured work out. So I had a friend that was a member Ballys and had gone there quite a few times w/ the passes they had given me to get in free. I have actually squeezed 3 one week passes out of them (at one point I was interested in figuring out how many I could get until they would finally tell me no!) I will admit the guy who has been calling me from there "Johnny B, as in Johnny B Good" he leaves me on my messages has been quite persistent. They claim to have no commitments, etc and I can cancel at any time. However when I asked to read the paperwork, they do it all through the computer and have no contract that you can look through. What the heck is up with that??? I do like the facility (but drive directly past the Wash U gym to get there a few blocks) however just recently found out my work out buddy will be moving to DC. So since she'll be leaving, I'm wondering if I'll go there as much. It always nice to have a work out buddy. To make it more complicated they are putting in a club fitness just 2 blocks away from my place. Its the kind of place that there are "no commitments and you can cancel at any time, also" etc. I'm not sure really what the deal is because I'd have to read the fine lines. Bummer is I'm ready to work out now but this dang place isn't open yet. They have been getting it ready for a few months, but I have no clue when it will actually open. I've been meaning to stop by, but just haven't made the effort... thus I'm in a quandry. I'm also considering trying out a fitness camp by Inspire Fitness (trying out the class next Monday). Sort of a boot camp... Not too pricey and would have the instructor for guidance. I took some fitball classes by the girl who owns it, Christy and liked them a lot. We shall see how this all turns out. I'll keep you posted on the weight loss and choices for working out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment